Everton close in on transfers of Amadou Onana and Idrissa Gana Gueye | Football News
Everton and Lille remain in talks over the transfer of midfielder Amadou Onana with Everton also pushing to complete a deal to bring Idrissa Gana Gueye back to Goodison Park.
Talks are progressing quickly over the transfer for Onana after Everton agreed a fee for the 20-year-old.
The player is on Merseyside to undergo a medical.
Everton need to complete the deal done by noon on Friday in order for Onana to play in their Premier League opener against Chelsea, who signed Marc Cucurella in time for the game, which live on Sky Sports on Saturday, kicking off at 5.30pm.
West Ham had a fee of £33.5m agreed with Lille, but personal terms with the player proved an issue.
Onana was signed by Lille from Hamburg for €7m (£5.9m) last summer so they stand to make a significant profit on the Belgium international who made 11 starts and 21 substitute appearances in France’s Ligue 1 last season.
Lille are reluctant sellers but are conscious they may not get a deal like this for the player in the future.
Meanwhile, the deal to bring Gueye back to Goodison Park from Paris Saint-Germain is at a very advanced stage.
The midfielder made 108 appearances across three seasons at Everton, after joining the club from Aston Villa, before moving to PSG in the summer of 2019.
Everton want Coady
Everton also want to sign Wolves defender Conor Coady this summer.
The 29-year-old, who has been at the Midlands club for seven years, is a target for Everton boss Frank Lampard as he looks to add the experienced defender to his ranks.
It is thought Wolves would want to keep the player at Molineux, but are sympathetic to the fact Coady is keen to force his way into the England squad ahead of the World Cup.
Follow the summer transfer window with Sky Sports
Who will be on the move this summer before the transfer window closes at 11pm on September 1?
Keep up-to-date with all the latest transfer news and rumours in our dedicated Transfer Centre blog on Sky Sports’ digital platforms. You can also catch up with the ins, outs and analysis on Sky Sports News.
The new Premier League season with Sky Sports
- 128 exclusively live Premier League matches.
- First pick of matches for every weekend of the Premier League season.
- The best punditry team in football including Gary Neville, Jamie Carragher, Jamie Redknapp, Graeme Souness, Micah Richards and Roy Keane.
- Kelly Cates and David Jones will present our live coverage across Friday Night Football, Saturday Night Football, Super Sunday and Monday Night Football.
- In-game goals and clips for mobile devices from Sky Sports live matches.
- Extended highlights On Demand and our Premier League channel.
- Sky Sports is your ultimate destination for domestic football with live coverage of the Premier League, EFL, Scottish Premiership and the Women’s Super League.
- Find out more about Sky Sports