Meade Potato Company, one of Ireland’s largest growers, packers and distributors of fresh produce to the retail market, are seeking to hire a new Procurement and Sales Manager to join their team in Lobinstown, Co. Meath. The award-winning company employs approximately 240 staff directly and has over 100 different lines of produce of the highest quality, delivered by a supply chain that prides itself on its efficiency.
Their state of the art family farm and food production facility is an industry leader in innovation and sustainability, helping them provide quality produce for the retail and foodservice markets.
Reporting to the Commercial Director, the Procurement & Sales Manager will develop and maintain Meade Potato Company’s team of growers and secure supply of potatoes for their expanding customer base. It will involve working alongside their farm manager on a continuous basis and will also involve frequent farm visits to inspect & monitor potato crops during the growing season.
- Daily orders from suppliers and complete PO’s on the system.
- Monitor stock levels against sales projections and plan accordingly.
- Ensure stock counts are performed and reconciled.
- Visit farm crops regularly.
- Manage contracts/programs to ensure continuity and timelines of supply.
- Maintain strong working relationships with long-term suppliers and customers to assure quality, fulfilment, value and delivery targets are met.
- Respond to and resolve queries daily from customers and suppliers efficiently.
- Negotiate effectively and efficiently in terms of product quality specification, volume, delivery and value with both suppliers & customers.
- Undertake store visits and attend meetings with growers and supermarkets on a regular basis internally & externally.
- Undertake work involving market & industry trends, promotions, packaging and marketing strategy.
- Communicate effectively with Production, Quality, Logistics and other relevant departments to plan daily and effectively.
- Lead and motivate the Procurement & Sales team and ensure that they receive appropriate support, training and development to achieve their potential.
- Necessary administration duties associated with the role.
- Ad-hoc duties as requested by the Buying team and Management.
- Bachelor’s degree in a Business or supply chain related discipline is important.
- Four + years’ experience in a similar role is a distinct advantage. However, if you have procurement and sales experience in another industry, you will be considered.
- Knowledge of/experience in the FMCG Sector would be a distinct advantage.
- Excellent negotiator and communicator: verbal and written.
- Excellent attitude and willing to learn.
- Strong organisational, problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office (e.g. Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint) and ERP experience is an advantage.
- Willingness to travel from time to time.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Good initiative and hands on person.
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow.
- Excellent interpersonal and teamworking skills.
- Demonstrate initiative and a flexible approach to issues.
- Good judgement skills with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Manage time effectively.
If you wish to apply for the role of Procurement and Sales Manager at Meade Potato Company, please email your Curriculum Vitae to [email protected] Meade Potato Company wishes to thank all applicants, however only those selected for interview will be contacted. Meade Potato Company are an Equal Opportunities Employer.